The 15 doctoral schools are federated by "L'École des Docteurs" representing a total of 9,100 research personnel, including 5,100 academic staff and 4,300 PhD students (40% international students), with 900 PhDs awarded per year. It covers all scientific domains and it is located in the Occitanie region.
The École des Docteurs has a unique dedicated International PhD Office, providing information, advice and support for PhD candidates wishing to study abroad and international students wishing to enroll in a PhD program at the University of Toulouse.
Do a PhD in Toulouse
A PhD in the Université de Toulouse is a 3 year contract with the university, an enterprise, a research institution or a local authority. It consists of a scientific project developed among an internationally renowned research laboratory. This scientific work is supervised by a qualified professor and the thesis can be fully written in english.
The University of Toulouse offers 15 doctoral programs
The 15 Doctoral Programmes represent a research potential of 5,300 scientists working in top ranking research centers and 4,300 PhD Candidates (among whom 40% are international students).
How to apply
- Candidates must hold a degree equivalent to a Bologna complying Master degree (5 year of Higher Education / 300 ECTS) with research experience,
- If you are a qualified engineer (representing five years of higher education with research experience), you can apply to do a PhD,
- A minimum level of English or French proficiency is required for all applicants.
Making your application
- Send a CV and a short application letter including a brief description of your research background to: phd-international [at] univ-toulouse.fr
- The International PhD Office will help you to find doctoral school and thesis supervisor.